July 23, 2019
Smart Ordering Website
Collect Emails From Your Stores
- Place a newsletter sign-up clipboard next to every register in all your locations. Have your employees mention the newsletter and emphasize the benefits (exclusive discounts, events, educational info, reminders, etc.)
- Incentivize your employees. Give them financial rewards for collecting valid email addresses.
- Offer a birthday email club, and give something special to those who sign up.
- Send a postcard. Have a list of postal addresses without emails? Send a direct mail offer that can be redeemed when the recipient signs up for your email list.
- Ask people over the phone. If people call your business for whatever reason, don’t hang up until you’ve asked if you can add them to your newsletter.
- Host your own event – invite art galleries, software companies (one here has a party every quarter and invites the neighboring businesses), retail shops, consultants (lunch & learn) can all host an event and request attendees to sign up.
Collect Emails From Social Media
- Create a “sign up” call to action on your Facebook business page.
- Create enticing visuals encouraging people to sign up for your list, and post them on various social media channels (especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn).
- Use Pinterest! to build your email list. This network may be underutilized for your business. and could be a gold mine.
- Make and upload videos to YouTube, then include a link at the end of every video directing people to your online signup form.
- Post your sign-up form page on LinkedIn and if possible sponsor it.
- Include a link to the email sign up form in your Twitter business profile description. Here’s how to edit your Twitter profile.
- Create a tab on your business Facebook page and include an email sign up form.
- Offer “Email only” discounts and mention them on your sign up form page and on social. Don’t use those offers anywhere but email.
- Post a photo of an item or an offer to giveaway on Instagram. Then, include a link in your Instagram bio asking people to sign up to participate in the giveaway.
- Create a Twitter lead generation card to advertise and gain sign-ups for your email newsletter.
Collect Emails From Your Website
- Include a link to your email sign up form in the main navigation bar of your website and/or blog. (Or better yet, include a signup form in the main navigation bar).
- Give something away like samples, a tour, a consultation, a free how-to guide, infographic, how-to video, etc. Have people sign up for your email list to qualify.
- Get referrals. Ask your customers to refer you and your email list, and in exchange, give them a discount.
- Use a Popup (the good kind). When someone attempts to leave your site, display a popup window and ask for the email address. Use a tool like Popup Domination, which uses technology to determine when someone’s about to leave your site.
- Use a hosted sign up a form landing page.
- Include a call to action, a link and/or a signup form at the end of every blog post you write.
- Add a link or sign up form in the footer, and/or sidebar of your website.
- Include a link or sign up form on your company’s “about us” page.